Updated: 29 August 2002
Off Pine Ridge Road
Town of Clarence
Erie County, New York
Unless otherwise noted all listings are tombstone readings, and the
information has not been provided by any official cemetery
It is offered here as a tool to promote further research, and should
not be considered as verified proof for genealogical records.
This information is to be used as a reference, please check with the
source for conformation.
Readings have been doubled checked, but mistakes are
- BICKSLER see KROLL
- Joseph (I), Died May 8, 1827, age 61
- Joseph (II), b. 1793 - d. Aug 21,
- Joseph (III), b. April 15, 1822 - d.
Sept 23, 1828.
- Maria, b. Jan 31, 1801 - d. March 19,
- Barbara, 1798 - 1865 (see Barbara Kroll) .
- Adam, b.1776 - d. 1843, age 67, Veteran
of the War of 1812. (1830 U.S.
Census, New York, Town of Clarence, Roll M19-114, pg.
- Elizabeth, His Wife, b. 1776 - d. Oct
11, 1831, age 55 yrs.
- Elizabeth, ?.
- CROOP see SHOPE
- Joseph, d. Aug 8, 1842, age 47
- John, b. Nov 30, 1827 - d. June 20,
- ý Elizabeth, stone
is broken and no longer legible, but she is there next to her
Joseph Drudge and her father, Abram Shope. I think all that is
left is "& 2 days".
- Adaline, Wife of Jefferson Herron, d.
July 26, 1847.
- KROLL see BICKSLER
- Barbara, (Bicksler), Wife of John Kroll,
b. Feb 23, 1798 - d. May 31, 1865, age 67 yrs.
- John, d. Sept 26, 1868, age 71 yrs, 5 m,
- Betsy, Daughter of John & Barbara,
d. Nov 8, 1816, age 18 yrs. (First burial )
- Solomon, Son of John & Barbara, d.
Oct 12, 1816, age 27 yrs.
- ý John, died Oct 24, 1855 aged 48 yrs & 7
- When I was there in 1991 the stone
was in perfect shape. He was from Kindenheim, Bavaria.
- Barbra, d. Nov 24, 1888, age 89
- Elizabeth, d. July 25, ????, age 82
- Jacob, d. April 6, 1870, age 90
- Martin, d. Nov 10, 1882, age 75
- Magdalena, Wife of Martin, d. March 1,
1892, age 78 yrs. (Last burial in cemetery.)
- MILLER see STRICKLER
- Abraham Sr., d. April 21, 18??, age 82
yrs. (ý Elizabeth Drudge's Father )
'Wife of Abraham Sr.' (nee Croop?), b Oct 17,
1775 - d. Aug 15, 1865
Also check Shope
- Jacob, b. Feb 2, 1806 - d. May 28,
- Lena M., 'Daughter of John &
Magdalena Strickler', b. Nov 1, 1838 - d. Nov 4, 1862.
(1830 U.S. Census, New York, Town
of Clarence, M19-114, pg. 94)
- Magdalena nee Miller, 'Wife of Ulrich,
b. June 15, 1775 - d. June 30, 1863
- Ulrich, b. 176?, - 1838.
- Anson, 'Son of Luther & Mary Young',
- ý Information from
a visit to the cemetery in 1991 by Pam Paschke
- The following information was found in the :
- *'Erie County, New York
Obituaries, As Found In The Files Of The
Buffalo And Erie County Historical Society.'
Complied by Bill and Martha Reamy 1992
- * SHOPE, Benjamin A.,
only son of Abram, Clarence, Sept 28, 1872 (Place of burial -
- * SHOPE, Catharine,
widow of Abram, Clarence, N.Y., Aug 28, 1865, age 89 y, 10 m, 28
- Also check Shope
Cemetery and Danser
- Address : Pine Ledge Road, Clarence, New York.
- Burials : 27 known burials.
- Caretaker : ?
- Condition of cemetery :
- Contact Person : ?
- Ethnic background : ?
- Known by other names: ?
- Location : Off Main Street (Route 5), between Strickler Road
and Pine Ledge.
- Location of original cemetery records
- Map :
- Managed by: ?
- Owner: ?
- Photograph : Digital photographs.
- Source of Information : Personal visit and information from the
Historical Society of The Town Of Clarence, Thanks to Alicia
and research in 1991 by Pam Paschke.
- Year Established : ?
- History :
County Cemeteries Online]
York Cemeteries] [What's
County Town Online Data]
This information may not
be used for profit or reprinted and
- Complied : 11
by : Leo J. Kopp and Katherine M. Kopp
published with out permission from the authors.
Copyright ©1999 Katherine M. Kopp
All rights reserved.