Updated: 23 July 2003
Town of Aurora, Erie County, New York
1846 - 1922
This small cemetery, established
about 1854, is located, across from 580 Willardshire Road
on the north side of the street, .1 mile, east of Willardshire
and Milestrip Roads.
The cemetery is in very, very poor condition !!
After venturing on the the cemetery property, we find damaged
and broken stones hidden by the ground cover and weeds.
The weeds, almost make a four foot stone unseen from the street.
Tombstone information complied by
Leo J. & Katherine M. Kopp, on 14 June 1998.
This information is from tombstone inscription, not cemetery
and Microfilm at the Buffalo Erie County Library, Central Branch, 1
- Unless otherwise noted all listings
are tombstone readings, and the information has not been
provided by any official cemetery source.
It is offered here as a tool to promote further research, and
should not be considered as verified proof for genealogical
This information is to be used as a reference, please check
with the source for conformation.
Readings have been doubled checked, but mistakes are
- CHAMBERLAIN, see SCHIAVONE,
- H., Died April 15, 1863, Aged 60 years, 1 month, 12 days
- CLARKSON, see DAVIS, Sarah
- CLEARWATER, see DAVIS, Catharine
- * Albert, 1838 - 1912,
'Husband of Jane L.'
- Ann, H. 1878 - 1889
- Catherine Clearwater, July 20, 1777 - June 1,1859, 'Wife of
- George, "Little George", May 28, 1872, Aged 3 years, 2
months, 'Son of A.H. & Sara Davis'
- George, Sept 23, 1866, Aged 30 years, 1 month
- Harriet, Age 48 years
- Harry, "Little Harry", 2 years
Died January 29, 1865
- Jane L. , 1842 - 1915, 'Wife of Albert'
- Jeremiah, April 1, 1808 - Feb 6, 1886
- John D., April 26, 1810 - May 23, 1888
- Samuel, Aug, 1774 - Nov 14, 1856, 'Husband of Catharine
- *Sarah Clarkson, April 21,
1864, 28 years, [Illegible verse on stone]
E., March 10, 1878, Aged 58 years, 9 months 'Wife of
- Fred, 1914 - 1990, 'Husband of Ruth'
- H., 1938 'Infant Daughter' [Ruth & Fred]
- Ruth, 1914 - 1990, 'Wife of Fred, 'Dau. of Edward Davis'
- Infant Son, 1939 [Ruth & Fred]
- Joseph, 1854 - 1888
- * Alfred, Sept 27, 1885, Aged
64 years, 11 months, 24 days 'Husband of Lana'
- Lana, Oct 29, 1885, Aged 65 years, 3 months, 25 days,
'Married - April 12, 1846' [Broken stone]
- Alexander Jr., Sept 27, 1846, Age 42 years, 1 month
- Catherine Chamberlain, May 21, 1877, Aged 71 years, 3
months, 2 days
- John, 1819 - 1904
- Charles E., Jan 24, 1870, 16 years, 3 months, 18 days, 'Son
of Abraham W. & Belinda Davis'
- Belinda,, Sept 12, 1866, 'Wife of Abraham'
- Carrie S., Oct 12, 1881, ___ years, 'Wife of Lewis Luke',
- Verse : "As a Wife, Devoted; As a Mother, Affectionate; As
a Friend ever kind and true"
- _________, _____, _____, W.N. & Sara, May 24, 1872, 8
years, 2 months
- _________, Catherine [Small flat stone]
- _________, Jeremiah [Small flat stone]
- _________, John [Small flat stone]
- *________, Harriet C., No
Dates, [Illegible verse on stone]
- (** Hattie E. Davis, Could
this be the 11 year old daughter of Wm. H. Davis, [Lot 101
who drown, July 24, 1867, in Devil's Hole, Cazenove Creek.?).
- _________, "Our Little Gerry" [Small flat stone].
- *Additional Information :
- - * * Alfred Marvel, moved on
his farm south of Spring Brook in the early part of 1848.
- - * * Mr. James Davis, who
moved on to the north part of Lot 35 of the Mile Strip,
- one and one-half miles southwest from Spring Brook in 1831,
died January 29th, 1865;
- age sixty-five years; burial in Davis Cemetery.
- - * * Jacob R. Davis moved on
to a farm on Lot 35, May 5, 1829.
- - * * Jacob R. Davis built a
saw mill on the Cazenove Creek on the end of Lot 35 in May,
- The was the first and only saw mill build on the Mile Strip
in The Town of Elma, in 1831.
- - * * Jacob R. sold half of
Lot 35 to his brother, James, where he and his family lived for
- - * * The son William R.
Davis, resided about one and one half mile south west from
was born May 4, 1827, and so was two years and one day old when
the family moved to the Mile Strip.
- - * * Albert, he youngest son
of Jacob R., now owns and for all his life has lived on the
south half of said Lot 35.
- - * * We find the names of
James Davis and William H. Davis, among though who settled on
the Miles Strip before 1842.
- - * * Davis Road, Town of Elma
was named for James Davis
- - * * * James M. , Spring
Brook, NY, Feb 1, 1874, age 34, suicide at Elma.
- - * * * Sarah Davis, Wife of
William H., Elma, NY, April 24, 1864, age 28 years
- 1. Tombstone readings, June, 1998, Leo J.
& Katherine M. Kopp
- 2. *
* History of the Town of Elma, Erie
County, New York, 1620 - 1901, author, Warren Jackman
- 3. *
* * Erie County, New York Obituaries As
Found In The Files Of The Buffalo and Erie County Historical
Society, author, Bill and Martha Reamy - 1992
* *History of the Town of Elma, Erie County, New York
1620 - 1901
author, Warren Jackman
* * * Erie County, New York Obituaries As Found In The Files Of
The Buffalo and Erie County Historical Society
author, Bill and Martha Reamy 1992
And Tombstone readings, June, 1998
[Home] [Erie County
York Cemeteries] [What's
This information may
not be used for profit or reprinted and published with out permission
from the author.
Copyright 1998 - 1999 Katherine M. Kopp