Hull (Wheelock, Wolf)
5976 Genesee Street
Town of Lancaster
Erie County, New York
This cemetery located on the
former Henry Bergtold property [aka Wolf Farm]
is about 1/4 mile back in the field at the rear of the old stone
[directly north of the Hull House, more than
halfway back to the Thruway]
located at Genesee Street & Pavement Road
This cemetery is in very, very bad shape
The following inscriptions were taken from the markers in the year
** Stone visible, April 28, 2001
- Hull House, is the oldest
surviving stone residence in Western New York
- (Listed in the National
Register og Historic Places.)
- *Vilera, 'Wife of William
R.Conly', Who died March 21, 1835, aged 26 yrs,. and 1
(Stone still standing, but almost illegible)
- Anna, 'Wife of William H.
Godfrey', Nov 21, 1851, aged 63 yrs. (Grave Marker -
- E.I.G., Grave Marker** (New
- *Warren, d. Oct 22, 1838, aged 76
yrs. (Revolutionary War Veteran) ( Born 1762,
Wilheim, N.Y. (Aurora N.Y.)
- Polly, 'His Wife', April 1832,
aged 67 yrs. (Double Grave Marker - P.H. - M.H. )**
- *Minerva, 'Their Daughter', Nov.
24, 1830, aged 26 yrs. (Double Grave Marker - P.H. - M.H.
- JAARDA see WHEELOCK
- Lovina, 'Daughter of John
Wheelock', Wife of Gerum Jaarda, April 4, 1862, aged
- Hannah, wife of Gerum Jaarda &
Daughter of J.& U.Wheelock, died
____ 1862, Aged __yrs, 2 months, 2 days
(Stone Broken into about 6 pieces)** (New listing)
- R.M., Grave Marker** (New
- Rebecca, 'Wife of Daniel Smaley',
July 10, 1871, aged 84 yrs.
- Ella A., daughter of A.L. &
C.M. St(u)selp, died Sept 5, 18--, age 5 yrs, __ mo, 5
days.** (New listing)
- WHEELOCK see JAARDA
- John G., Sept 24, 1855, aged 81
yrs (Laying on the ground, broken into 6 pieces)**
- John T., Sept 21, 1854, aged 56
yrs. (Broken in half)**
- Jothan Wheelock, Died May 29,
1858, age 55 yrs, 9 mo, 19 days.** (New listing)
- *Lovina Wheelock, 'His Wife', Sept
13, 1853, aged 77 years.
- *Charlotte Wheelock, 'Daughter of
John G. & Lovina', May 11, 1851, 35 years.
- _______, Emma Jane (Only top part
of small stone laying on the ground)** (New listing)
- G_________, Jan 22, 21 years
(Broken into 3 pieces, on the ground)** (New listing)
- Grave Marker ~ _._. **
- The following information was found in
- *'Erie County, New York Obituaries, As
Found In The Files Of The
Buffalo And Erie County Historical Society.'
Complied by Bill and Martha Reamy 1992
- *CONLEY, Vilera, wife of William R., Clarence, N.Y., March
24, 1835, age 27 years.
- *HULL, Miss
Minerva, dau of Warren, Clarence, NY, Nov 24, 1830, age 26.
- *HULL, Warren, Revolutionary Soldier, Lancaster, NY, Oct
22, 1838, age 76 (Wilheim, NY, b. 1762 [Aurora]
- *WHEELOCK, Miss Charlotte, dau.of John G., Lancaster, N.Y.May
11, 1854, age 34 : d. in Buffalo.
- *WHEELOCK, Lavinia, wife of John E., Sept 13, 1853
- Complied : 11 December
by : Leo J. Kopp and Katherine M. Kopp
Personal visit 27 April 2001
and information from the Historical Society of The Town Of
Return to the
of Lancaster Cemeteries
for more Lancaster Links
This information my not be used for
profit or reprinted and published without permission from the
- [Home] [Erie
County Cemeteries Online]
York Cemeteries] [What's
County Town Online Data]
© Copyright 2003 All rights reserved.