Village of Akron, New
Old German Cemetery
This cemetery is located in the rear of the old German
Methodist Episcopal Church,
Town of Akron
Erie County, New York.
1838 - 1923
The following graves are all that are marked with
tombstones, June 1971.
To the best of my knowledge there is no plot plan or record of those
who bought lots or were buried in this cemetery.
( J.T.Hart Jr., Akron, NY )
The grounds are kept in excellent condition by the Town of Newstead.
- Jane C., w. of Charles Anesworth, d. Mar. 10, 1850, age 35
years, 9 months, 8 days
- Perlina J., dau. of Charles A. and Jane C. Anesworth, d. Nov.
- Ernst F. M.D. Dec. 26, 1880, age 62 years
- Johanna (Vetter), wife of Ernst F. M. Borchert, d. Mar. 11,
1883, age 67 years
- Sophia C.E., dau. of Ernst and Johanna Borchert, d. Feb. 10,
1880, age 21 years, 11 months, 23 days
- (Ernst, Johanna and Sophis Borchert all on same stone)
The stone is written in German.
- Frenke, b. Jan.18,1876, d. Jan.20, 1884, age 8 yrs, 2 days.
Written in German.
- Friedrich, b.Mar.13,1872, d.Oct.19, 1875 age 3 yrs,7 months, 6
days. Written in German.
- Minna, b.Feb.12, 1839, d.Apr.13,1877
- Written in German-geborene Roligar ans Schwann.
- William C., d.Oct 23, 1881, age 19 years, 9 mons., 22 days "
Erected by his young men friends of Akron."
- Charles, b.1837, d.1923 Louise, b.1842, d.1912, wife of
Charles Cook "Asleep in Jesus"
- Leonard, d.Dec.23, 1852 age 8 months son of Walter and Adiere
- Lovisa, b.Apr.15, 1879, d.Aug.15, 1879 dau. of Carl and Lovisa
Kock. Written in German.
- Louisa, b.Dec 26, 1854 d.Dec.10, 1877 (stone broken) b.Aug.12,
1871 d.Mar.12, 1874, son of Carl and Louisa Kock,written in German
- Sophia,w. of John Kolzow, d.Jan.3, 1870 age 27 years
- Maria, d.July 24, 1882 age 4 months, 8 days dau. of J.H.and
- Alice S., d.Apr.19, 1884, age 4 years, 2 months 9 days dau. of
C.and E.C. Lotz
- Christopher, b. Dec.21, 1853 d.(no date shown)
- Elizabeth C.,w. of Christopher Lotzb.Nov.9, 1858, d.(no date
- (Alice S., Christopher and Elizabeth C. Lotz on same stone)
- Johanna, b.Nov.21, 1838 d.June 25, 1890 w. of Christian Pagel
- Lina, b.Sept.16, 1863 d.Aug.2, 1880 dau. of Christian and
- Abigal, d.May 21, 1864 age 3 years, 14 days dau. of Peter
- Peter, d.Jan.28, 1964 age 36 years, 27 days (Abigal and Peter
Stever on same stone)
- William J., b.1870 d.1892
- Samuel, d.Jan.1, 1858 age 61 years, 1 day
- Bertha, b.Mar.4, 1860 d.June 14, 1889 Written in German
- John H. b. Dec. 12, 1822 d. Jan.10, 1901
- Sophia M. (Hartig), b. Oct.13, 1825 d. Sept.19, 1893 (Same
stone as John H. Wright)
Transcribed by Susan Abraham,
RAbra25132 from records
located at the
Town of Newstead Town Hall.
County Cemeteries Online]
York Cemeteries] [What's
County Town Online Data