Town of Sardinia, Erie County, New York.
Following are names of families
noted in the old part of this cemetery;
- BOWEN, Bela, died Feb 11, 1851, Aged 28 yrs 7 mo 8
- Elizabeth, wife of Caleb. died June 5,
18?8, in her 80th Year.
- Bela, died Feb 11, 1851 aged 28 yrs, 7
mos 8 das
- Hannah, wife of John died July 4, 1846,
AE. 73 yrs.
- Bela H., M.D , 1787 - 1874
- Eliza Ives, 1807 - 1952, ( Mrs. Bela H.
- Adelaid Bennett Sprague, 1822 - 1890, (
Mrs. Bela H. )
- Levinus, ...
- Lots, ( Mrs. Levinus ) died May 5, 1871,
aged 76 yrs 5 mos 7 das.
- Hiram D., 1823 - 1894
- Martha J., ( Mrs. Hiram D.), 1822 -
- Horace E, ...
- Anna, born July 28, 1841, died May 27,
- Mitchell R., died Jan 27, 1870
- Angelette J. Nott, ( Mrs. G.B. ) died
Mar 16, 1853, aged 23 yrs 6 mos.
- Robert H., 1870 - 1899
- Gen. Ezra, died Aug 3,1864, aged 79 ?
yrs 2 mo 21 das.
- Hannah, ( Mrs. Ezra ) died Sept 20,
1880, aged 87 yrs 4 mos 26 das.
- Sampson H., 1820 - 1896
- Hannah, ( Mrs. Sampson H. ), 1825 -
- Cynthia B.., ( Mrs. Aquilla ), died July
- Jennie Sherman, 1867 - 1901
- Benjamin, 1804 - 1844
- Drusilla Whitney, his wife 1809 - 1846,
Individual gray granite stones.
- Marcia Sophia, 1840 - 1928
- Laura Runyan , 1836 - 1871
- Austin N., died May 11, 1889, AE 47
- Edwin H, died Sept 5, 1888, aged 60
- Irene S. Matteson, his wife died Oct 18,
1908, aged 77 yrs.Everett, 1831 - 1899
- Azelia, 1845 - 1931
- Sara C., died Feb 4, 1874, aged 34
- These 3 buried in new part of cemetery
on the south side of Genesee Road:
- Drake, George W., 1847 - 1943
- Rider, Mary J, 1852 - 1923
- Sears, Sadie M. 1865 - 1943
- Ballard, Misael
- Ballard, Smithfield
- Colby. Rev M.
- Colby, Seth
- Cornwell [
not Shown above ]
- Cutler, dau. of Caleb & Cynthia
- Davis, F.K.
- Dayton, Rev.'s wife
- Hamet, Caleb
- Hauver, Peter
- Hopkins, David
- Hopkins Hannah
- Kingsley, Seth
- Matteson, Charles
- Matteson Dina
- Matteson James ?
- Mericle, Jacob
- Pitcher, Dr. Morris O
- Shedd, Daniel P.
- Whitaker, Cyrus
- Wright, Erastus
- Wright, Clarrissa
Chestnut Ridge Road
Condition of cemetery :
Contact Person :
Date information complied :
Known by other names :
Location : North side of Genesee Road
Location of cemetery records :
Source of Information : Tombstone Readings ~
Year Established :
East Aurora, Erie County, New York
County Cemeteries Online]
This information may
not be used for profit or reprinted and published with out permission
from the author.
© Copyright 1998 Katherine M. Kopp