Unless otherwise noted all listings are
tombstone readings, and the information has not been provided by any
official cemetery source.
It is offered here as a tool to promote further research, and should
not be considered as verified proof for genealogical records.
This information is to be used as a reference, please check with the
source for conformation.
Readings have been doubled checked, but mistakes are possible.
Town of Brant, Erie County,
1809 - 1962
Located three and one half miles
East on Route #249 from Brant Center
and one half mile west on 249 from North Collins, at the corner of
the Mileblock Road.
It is a Quaker Cemetery and was a family burying ground which has
up by the Town of Brant. The first burial was in 1828, and the last
Note: Earlier stone listed as burial in
Some of the stones were creek stones
and have deteriorated and most likely a number of graves are not
The first of the Huson Family was probably Wing Huson, born 1798,
who married Ann Cole, who died 1835. His second wife was Lydia,
daughter of Enoch Taylor.
A son, Leaner Huson, was a a Civil war veteran.
Page 244 of Erie County History, by
Truman C. White, 1898 errs concerning the Huson Family,
mistakenly naming L.J.Huson for Wing Huson.
- Bartholomew, son of Benjamin &
Minerva Birdsall, d. Aug 13, 1846, ae 2 yrs, 8 mos, 29 da
- Benjamin L., son of Benjamin &
Minerva Birdsall, d. Jan 29, 1851, ae 4 yrs, 8 mos, 6 da
- Elizabeth Bloor, d.Mar 6, 1866, in 75th
year of her age. [Wm. H. H. Bloor]
- Wm H.H. Bloor, d. Jun 8, 1853 in 20th yr
of his age.
- Rosanah Sherman, wife of Parson Bowen,
d. Sept 17, 1884, ae 84 yrs 2 da
- Parson Bowen, d. Jun 12, 1840, ae 46 yr,
- Maria Marvin, wife of Parson Bowan, d.
Dec 29, 1831, ae 38 yr, 8 mos, 21 da
- Albert, son of Parson & Maria Bowen,
d. Feb 10, 1835, ae 18 yr, 3 mos, 10 da
- Morgan L. Candee, son of R.N. &
Adelia Candee, d. April 4, 1867, ae 14 yr, 11 mos, 17 da
- Adelia, wife of R.N. Candee, d. Apr 11,
1873, ae 45
- Oliver J., son of Truman & Mary
Chapel, d. Oct 21, 1855, ae 7 yr, 1 mo, 12 da
- Foot Stone : O.J.C.
- William O., son of Truman & Mary
Chapel, d. Aug 12, 1853, ae 11 da
- _ _linia Clough, d. Apr 21, 1863, ae 72
yr, 29 da
- Horace Clough, d. Feb 3, 1864, ae 72
yrs, 11 mos, Father
- James William, son of Joseph &
Virginia Ann Craker, d. Dec 10, 1849, ae 2 yrs 4 mos
- [H]elen M., wife of [Leon?]
- This stone is Fragments. The date and
age are lost. the fragments were around the Clough and Crouch
The arrangement and the foot stones given below indicate the
possibility that this is a dau of Horace Clough and his wife
- Foot stones :
P.C. - [Permenia Clough?]
H.C. - Horace Clough,
- H.M.C.- [H]elen M. Crouch?,
L.C.- Leon Crouch
- Leon Crough, Co. A. 19th Regt. N.Y. Vol
Enlisted U.S. Service, Aug 24, 1861, d. Apr 23, 1864, ae 23
- FIELDS see SMITH
- Bartholomew Fields, d. Aug 13, 1852, ae
60 yrs, 5 mos, 13 da
- Orando N., son of Nelson & Elizabeth
Fields, died Sept 17, 1852, AE 1 yr & 22 ds.
- Adeline Fuller, d. Jan 15, 1813, ae 32
yrs. [Fallen stone].
- Emma, dau of Dan'l & Sarah L.
Herrick, d. Dec 7, 1862 ae 11 yr
- Sarah, d. May 22, 1853, ae 1 yr, 6
- Emma, d. Feb 22, 1852, ae 10 weeks, 4
- Orlando N., son of ______ &
Marguerite Julius, d. Sept 17, 1852, ae 1 yr, 22 da
- Mary Jane, wife of Stephen T. Huson, d.
Aug 15, 1854 ae 24 yr, 10 mo, 18 da
- Eudela J., Dau of Stephen & Mary J.
Huson, d. Sept 11, 1857, ae 6 mo
- Seth C., son of Wing & Anne Huson,
d. Sept 10, 1843, ae 18 yr
- Wing Huson. d. Aug 7, 1842, ae 43 yr, 8
mo, 3 da
- Wing E., son of Wing & Lydia (nee
Huson, d.Oct 7, 1842, ae 6 mo, 25 da
- A.H.H., _ _ _ of Wing Huson, d. Mar 22,
1835, ae 32 yr, 23 da,
(Probably Ann H. Huson, wife of Wing)
- John T. Huson, d. Jan 15, 1855, ae 51
yr, 11 mo, 1 da
- Lydia L. wife of John T. Huson, d May
10, 1844, ae 36 yr, 14 da
- Sarah, wife of Cornelius Huson, d. Jul
21, 1843 in her 80th year
- Cornelius Huson, d. Mar 24, 1828, ae 55
yr, 4 mo, 24 d
- Lydia (born in Maryland), wife of Wing
Huson, b. Jan 20, 1813, d. Feb 4, 1892
- Clara S., wife of Edward W. Huson, 1843
- Edward W. Huson, d. May 7, 1868, ae
- Harmon S. Landon, b. Jul 30, 1863, d.
Oct 23, 1957, Married Oct 31, 1887
- Emma Huson Landon, b. Oct 28, 1864, d.
Mar 15, 1962
- Stephen M. Randall, d. Oct 15, 1849 in
his 50th yr
- John Ross,
b. Aug 1, 1804, d. Oct 8, 1894
- John Ross, b. Nov 22, 1838, d. May 8,
- William Ross, 116th N.Y. Vol, b. Nov 24,
1842, d. Jan 30, 1870
- Jane Scholer, wife of John Ross, b. Mar
15, 1805, d. Mar 12, 1881
(All above Ross family born in
- SMITH see FIELDS
- Delia P., dau of Bartholomew &
Hannah Fields, died Apr 26, 1842, AE 25 yrs, 8 mo, & 13
- Amos Stickney, d. May 31, 1852 ae 61
- Betsey, wife of Amos Stickney, d. May
14, 1873, ae 77 yr
- TAYLOR see HUSON
- Ann, wife of Enos H. Taylor, d. Jul 17,
1865, [Stone broken where age was located]
- Emma F., wife of J.C. Tickner, d. Apr 6,
1851, ae 24 yr, 20 da
- Phebe, wife of Matthew West, d. Jul 20,
1852, ae 59 yr
- Four creek stones remain in this
One reading L.T.D., 1842, ae 43,
another H.J., d.1838, another a veteran of Civil War.
This last one might be Leander
Huson, b. Apr 15, 1837,
son of Wing & Lydia (Taylor) Huson.
Collected and Alphabetized by Carlton
Town of Brant Historian 1968 - 9, additional information from Tree
Volume 5, No 4, December 1965.
- [Home] [Erie
County Cemeteries Online]
York Cemeteries] [Our