...others researching the surname Speich - Specht
Send me your
and a Speich - Specht Family word query.
I'll put it on-line, with a e-mail connection to you.
Update: 11 January
County Cemeteries Online]
York Cemeteries] [What's
- From: JCole83082@aol.com
- Help! I'm searching for a line of
Spechts that came from Allegheny Co
- PA ( 1900-1930) I do know that some still live
there, Turtle Creek,
- McKeesport, Monroeville. Fathers name
is Philip married to Anna Dietman.
- Their children are Ellen, Philip,
Alfred, Arthur, Leo and Edward. I know that
- Ellen and Edward are still alive. I
am the grand daughter of Arthur. There
- are many "colorful" stories of this
group and I would lovew to hear from
- anyone with info.
- Thanks, J Lhm
- FROM: Steve
- SUBJECT: Peter Will
- Peter Will emmigrated to US in 1887 and went to the
Buffalo, NY area where he
- married a Mary ? in 1890,
which I believe happened in Buffalo since thier
- first born was Earnest in 1891
in Buffalo. If you can be of any HELP it
- would be greatly appreciated.Or if you
could direct me to someone or
- place that could help me from a
- FROM: Opal . Kingman, KS.email@example.com
SUBJECT: Michael Specht
- Michael's wife was Margaret Knap
(re: his will).She was deceased at time he made will Jan 1857. His
son Valentine was in Chariton Co. Missouri
at the time of his death and is
- FROM: Wayne
SUBJECT: Anna Specht from Berlechinger, Baden-Wurttenberg,
- My name is I'm trying to gather some
information on the Specht family who moved from Germany to NY in
the 1800s. My wife's great grandmother was Anna Specht from
Berlechinger, Baden-Wurttenberg, Germany. She
was born in 1860. She left Germany and moved to Utica, Oneida Co, NY
around 1880. She married Wilhelm
Waldman in 1884. Any connection
to your family "Specht"? I'll gladly share what information I
- FROM: k.
SUBJECT: Adam Specht , (this may
be a middle name)
- I am looking for an Adam Specht ,(this may be a middle name) who lived in
Pa. in the 1850's . He married a Mary (Polly) Baumgardner and they had a son named John Henry and a
daughter Rebecca. John Henry moved to Mifflin County in
1877. I am looking for any link whether it be in Germany or
America. There are a few Adam Spechts from Snyder County, Pa. but have been unable to connect. I feel
intuitively that his first name may have really been John Adam
Specht. Also he apparently died and left Polly a widow who later
married a W.R.D. Sizer from Juniata County. Any info would be
- FROM: Donald E.
"Doc" Wuerz, Aurora,
SUBJECT: Fredrick (or
Friedrick) Kopp Sr.
My great grandfather was
Fredrick (or Friedrick) Kopp
Sr, a medical doctor in East
He is believed to have been born in East Prussia on Feb 25,
He married Johanna
Pitsch who was born Oct 2,
Their offspring include:
Therese Matilda (my
grandmother), born Jan 27, 1867
(or Jan 12, 1873) in
Friedrick Jr born Apr 1, 1856
Rudolf born Aug 19, 1857
Herman born Jun 2, 1860
Julius born June 6, 1863
- FROM: Patricia Whitestone
- 83 Turtle Bay Drive
- Branford, CT 96405
- SUBJECT: Catherine Specht
- She supposedly came to the US in 1851,
but I found a listing in the book, Germans to America, on: Cathar,
Specht, [age] 17, [occupation] farmer, [from] Bavaria, [ship]
Germania, Harve to New York, [arrived] 19 Jan 1854.That would be
about right.her birth year was supposedly 1836. Also, we think we
have a listing for her in New York's 1855 State Census,
- plus one for the German immigrant she
married -- both living and working in Orange County, NY. Their first child was born ca, August 1857. they
were Presbyterians, but we can't find a record of their marriage.
The only other Specht information I have are two old postcards
which a descendant has. One dated 1906; mailed from Brooklyn, NY,
signed B.A. Specht. The other no date or postmark signed Clara
- Send to Specht ancestor at their home in
Marlboro, Ulster County, NY [just over the line from Orange
- FROM: Sally A. Shreeve
- SUBJECT: Christopher
- I am looking for information
Specht who came
- He married a Sara (Sally) and
had eight children .
- Their children were:
- Births occurred in Somerset
- Andrew (b. 1782. )
- David (b. 1784)
- Susannah (b. 1786)
- Daniel (b. 1796)
- Peggy, Mary, and Peter..
- I would be happy to exchange information
if this is the Specht line that you are searching for.
- Sally A. Shreeve
- 3850 Rugby Drive
- Boise, Idaho 83704
- FROM: Eileen
- SUBJECT: Caspar Specht
- Descendants of Caspar Specht
- 1 Caspar SPECHT
- 2 Caspar SPECHT, Jr.
- 2 Paul SPECHT
- 2 Julia SPECHT
- 2 Frank SPECHT
- 2 Eva SPECHT
- FROM: REMMSM
- SUBJECT: David L. Specht
- I am looking for the descendants of
David L. Specht born Oct 30, 1830
- and died March 2, 1923 in
- He had married Mary Aurelia Kessler born
- May 27, 1842 and died July 23, 1908 in
- Children were : Carry May - Annie Larua - Mamie Elizabeth - Mary
Aurelia - Robert Kessler - Arthur Jacob - Edna Eugenia and Lena I.
- FROM: "Breezy"
- SUBJECT: SPECHT, August (from
Germany, late1850's) to Ohio
- SPECHT, August; b.Dehrenthal, Germany,
- Parents: William & Caroline, Zimmerman,
- Immigrated to America, late 1850's, to
- Married Louisa WASSERMIER, 1862,Wheeling,W.Va.
Louisa Wassermier, B.1838,
- in Neuhaus, Germany to William and
Justine, Hiltebrandt, Wassermier.
- August and Louisa lived in
Cadiz Twp. in Harrison, Cnty.
- They ran a post-office, outside Cadiz,
- William Carl Frederick----Carl
Frederick William---Hannah Sophia Louise----Suzie Ella
- Caroline----August Christopher
Martin----Frederick John Louis---Louise
- Henrietta Sophia----Frank Carl
- Need information on WASSERMIER'S IN WHEELING,W.VA. and any info. on
- the surnames in Germany: Hiltebrandt, Zimmerman.
- Willing to share information with
- SUBJECT: Philip & Anna [Dietman]
- Help! I'm searching for a line of
Spechts that came from
- I do know that some still live there,
Turtle Creek, McKeesport,
- Fathers name is Philip married to
- Their children are Ellen, Philip, Alfred, Arthur, Leo and
- I know that Ellen and Edward are still
- I am the grand daughter of
- There are many "colorful" stories of
this group and I would love to hear from anyone with info.
- FROM: Tom Humphrey
- SUBJECT: Anthony and Catherine Spacht
- I descend from Anthony and Catherine
Spacht (Specht ?)
- who were early OHIO pioneers and
were killed by Indians in the 1790s.
- Is this your line ?
- From: Heather
- SUBJECT: SPECHT
- My Mom was a daughter of Miles Specht
- I am also searching for info if anyone
- Miles Specht was the son of Floyd and Ethel Specht.
- He had one brother Glen. He married
- From: Dirk M.
Specht Groningen (Holland)
What about the Spechts in
- From: Katie
Ann Speich Milnor,
North Dakota State
College of Science
- Born in Duluth, MN of
Shawn Specht - of Alex and
- Dorothy Specht.
- Many relatives in Minnesota, North Dakota,
- Does any of this ring a bell? Probably
not, but Specht is such an uncommon
- name, just thought I'd check...
- Also...Regardless of whether or not we
are related. I was told by a
- woman that Specht is Deutch for
"Woodpecker" (or something along those
- lines!) I take that bit of info as being true. Do you
know anything of
- Scott Specht
- Now living in BOSTON
- From: Fernando
Speich, Rio de Janeiro,
- I saw yours Home-page today and I liked
- Will it be that are also cousins? My
grandfather came from Germany before
- the War and he spread your family for
- Will it be that our ascendancies are the
- If you can, enter in contact with
- Best Regards!
- Fernando Speich
- From: France
- My name is Yves
Specht firstname.lastname@example.org and I
live in Aix en Provence
- My parents are :
- Henri Specht born in Oermingen (Bas Rhin) France
- and Lucienne Couderc
born in Bersac sur Rivalier (Haute
Vienne) France (1920)
- My father had many brothers and Sisters
all borned in Oermingen
- Marcel Specht
- Maria Specht
- Irene Specht
- Joseph Specht
- I have a brother named Roland Specht. He
is living in Paris.
- From: email@example.com
- Edward J. Specht
- I am researching my family and came
across a death certificate for a
- relative by the name of Sophia Lina Rosshirt. She died in San Diego, CA.
- She was widowed at the time of
Death...The Name of Edward J.
- Carlsbad, CA was on the death certificate as the informant and
was noted as
- being her grandson. Would like to find
this gentleman to inquire in history
- of his Grandmother. If any one knows of
this person I would greatly
- appreciate information.
- From: Judy
Descendants of Martin
- 1 Martin SPECHT
2 Marie Eva Rosanna SPECHT b: May 3, 1757 in Bern Twp, Berks
d: March 28, 1822 in Fayette Pennsylvania
- ........+Jacob BONEWITS b: Abt. 1761 in
Heidelberg Berks Co Pennsylvania m: November 27, 1781 in
d: March 9, 1818
- From: Gale
- I'm researching Specht/Spates of
County Town Online Data]
This information may not be used for profit
or reprinted and published with out permission from the author.
© Copyright 1997 - 2000 Katherine M. Kopp All rights reserved.